Regarding Temporary Returns Overseas

As you know, Friday’s Tohoku Pacific Offshore Earthquake inflicted catastrophic damage on the Tohoku and Kanto regions.  Our university, located at the western extremity of Japan in Kyushu, approximately 1,500km (933 miles) away from those regions, is free from danger and most safe. Daily life has not been physically affected by the events. The university will grant a permit of temporary return for those who strongly wish to go back to their own country only when their reason/situation is confirmed to be of validity at the International Center.  It must be noted that a re-entry permit is required in the case of temporary return. The formalities for temporary return are as follows:

  1. You are required to come to the International Center if you wish to go back to your own country.
  2. You are required to submit a notification of temporary return to the International Center without fail.
  3. You are required to come back to Japan by the first day of April (2011), when the university spring orientation starts.
  4. You are required to report to the International Center with your passport after your re-entry to Japan.